Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Brownie: Don't blame me, blame them dysfunctional Lose-inians

Michael Brown covered his ass before a Congressional hearing on Katrina. A Sample Brown-ism from msnbc.com:

“I’ve overseen over 150 presidentially declared disasters. I know what I’m doing, and I think I do a pretty darn good job of it,” he said.

Response was muted:
“I’m happy you left,” said Rep. Christopher Shays, R-Conn. “That kind of look in the lights like a deer tells me you weren’t capable of doing that job.”

Rep. Gene Taylor, D-Miss., told Brown: “The disconnect was, people thought there was some federal expertise out there. There wasn’t. Not from you.”

It's going to be a long fall. Can we go back to that missing white girl now?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's FEMA's job to coordinate recovery. If state and local officials are flounering, it's up to FEMA to step in, authorization be damned, and fix the problem. And by saying it's up to churches and and other civic organizations to help, he turns "aid" on its head. Hello? Help from these groups is terrific. But it's FEMA's JOB to help, not to wait for assistance from private groups.

October 02, 2005 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home