Monday, December 19, 2005

This call may be monitored for sufficient patriotism

Call me a cynic, but I can't say I was surprised at revelations that this administration has been monitoring phone calls of US citizens without search warrants. I assumed that was a natural extension of the Patriot Act.

Reaction in the media? Predictable.
Rush, today: "The Clinton Administration did this....Clinton authorized a similar program...Clinton...Clinton...Clinton." We're in W's SECOND term, yet a certain radio host continues to talk about a man who hasn't been president since January 2001.

Oh, and since President Bush again strongly stated that leaking confidential information is criminal, I expect both Libby and Cheney will be serving time...right?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your citing of the journalists was equally predictable as Bush’s attempting at wire tapping and the reaction of the media. And though, I am with you, I was not surprised by it; it does not disturb me as much as it would many. That, and as for the estimates in the number of people tapped, I believe that it was close to 30 or so. That, to me, doesn’t seem like an abuse.

Heck, Bush might be wiretapping potential terrorists, but there are plenty of politicians that would love to put a limit on the free speech found on the internet and those people get no attention. Which do you think causes more of a threat?

- Carlos

- Carlos

December 20, 2005 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home